I have been struggling with breakfast recently, he just won't eat it. Instead he prefers to grab it off the spoon and spread it over the table, or just raspberry it all out of his mouth and all over me.
So blueberries was my new strategy.
I pureed them yesterday evening, with some yoghurt and sat down with them in a grown up bowl with a grown up spoon. As soon as Toby saw me eat them, he wanted to try. You see, I have to be very cunning. If i pretend the food is for me, Toby will definitely eat it. If the food is only for him, there is a good chance he won't.

He loved the blueberries, but this morning I had a feeling the table wouldn't, so I covered it in a bright orange garbage bag. For Toby, the garbage bag was simply the best thing he had ever seen. Better than bubbles, better than balloons, he squealed with delight at it, rubbing his hands all over it, trying to stuff it in his mouth. He then realised that by pulling it, all the things on the table could be within reach (including my cup of tea...very dangerous). He was absolutley in heaven at breakfast, and an entire bowl of blueberries, yoghurt and banana was consumed, with no fuss whatsoever.


The only fuss happened afterwards. I had to scrub his face to get rid of the purple stains, I was not very popular.
1 comment:
Little Toby looks really happy messing with his breakfast and is lookimg very grown up in his chair!!lots of love and kissesxxxxx
Post a Comment