Monday, June 15, 2009

Quirks

We've had a playful afternoon. I bought Toby a new book from the childrens bookshop, which we read. ( A whole bookshop dedicated to children's books! We were both in heaven!) It has lots of flaps to lift, so he really loved it. Afterwards, I put on some music, and Toby and I played along with his new maracas. He's pretty good at shaking those things.

I also noticed this morning, when i had a sunlight induced sneezing fit in the car, that Toby found it pretty hysterical, so this afternoon I pretended to sneeze...and again he found it super funny. So we made it into a game, taking it in turns to pretend sneeze.


I was thinking today, after meeting up with some other Mother's, how different all babies are.

6 unique Toby quirks:

1. He still signals he's tired by putting his thumb in his mouth and his other arm across his eyes to shield them from light. It almost seems he does it involuntarily, then when he realises what he is doing he quickly pulls his thumb out. This process happens over and over, until he is put in his cot to sleep.

2. He refuses to be spoon fed his food unless he has a piece of toast in his hand. He consumes nearly an entire loaf of bread a week, he's utterly obsessed with toast.

3. His eyes have not yet decided if they are dark grey or brown, but I think today they have altered, to be more brown, less grey.


4. He blows raspberries constantly when he is bored, (And especially if I am in Spotlight, that store seems to bore him the most!) until the entire front of him is absolutely soaking wet.

5. When Luis sprays his deodrant in the morning, Toby copies the noise the aerosol makes. Even though he is not in the same room, he still hears it and copies it. He also likes to copy coughs, sneezes (this is a new addition today) and clicking of tongues.

6. When we go into the children's section of a bookshop, Toby gets really excited, and starts flapping his arms, almost shaking and shouting really wildly. I actually don't get the chance to stay that long in a bookshop because he makes such a commotion sometimes. Books are his favourite toys.

1 comment:

crafty lady said...

What a lovely blog- and Toby looks as though he has a good sense of humour and is a real little character- he looks so happy - big kisses xxxx