Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Little monster, little boy...

My little baby is turning into a little boy.

He looks so big and chunky and cheeky these days. I always notice it most on the change table, I can still remember him being so tiny on there, and now he is as long as the table itself. And as quick as I can put his nappy on, he starts trying to take it off, peeling back the velcro tabs and pulling at it.

He asks for banana when he sees one or if he feels like one, "anana", as he calls them.

He insists on drinking his water from a white china cup at breakfast time. And if I don't do it, then I can't drink my own tea in peace, he screams and grunts until I get him his own mug.

He copies animal noises when I make them, when reading a story. So far, his favourites are a bee, (buzzing was the first animal noise he ever copied, that was a few months ago now) a cow, a cat and ducks. Only his quack quack sounds more like da-da. Very funny.

And today I taught him how to hi-5, he found it hilarious! We must have hi-5'd each other a 100 times today, each time with raucous laughter.

We had a lovely surprise today though, when the postman came. A little box arrived all the way from England....

What could it be? We'll have to open it and see....



We were both delighted at the contents, a vintage Fisher Price mini bus complete with passengers. Just like the one I used to have!


I loved that toy, and it was clear that Toby loved it too. He played with it all day. Taking the little people out of the bus, having a little chew on them, and then putting them all back in again. Its lovely to think that he will love that toy as much as I used to.

1 comment:

crafty lady said...

So glad that you and Toby like the bus!He does look like a proper little boy now with such a cute little face xxxx