Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Little boy



He's got a bit of a cold at the moment, and he's not sleeping well. No daytime sleep today. We lay on my bed together, I thought he might sleep next to me, but it was no use. Instead, we discovered the voice recording function on my phone. Toby thought it was brilliant! We sang songs together and then listened back to them. Toby loved hearing himself, and was shaking with excitement. In the end he was getting stage fright as I tried to record him, and just giggling infectiously into the phone. I love the way he finds joy in the simpliest of things.


I love the way he dances to music. Little arms in the air, he spins around giggling, until he stumbles, dizzy, grabbing hold of something to steady himself.

I love the ways he sings to himself, songs he's heard on the TV (Yo Gabba Gabba songs are very popular) or songs that I sing. We duet together to Hello Goodbye by the Beatles. He sings whole lines by himself.

I love the way he tries to make other people laugh, and the way he finds so many things funny. He is such a happy, gentle little boy.

I love the way he wants to share his own excitement with me.

I love the way yesterday, he ran to me in the kitchen, 'Mummy! It's raining!' and pulled me over to window so excited. He waved out the window and shouted in his sweet, innocent little voice,
Hello raining!

I love when we are in the car, he shows all the things he sees to Gaw-Gaw. I hear him in the back, Look Gaw-Gaw, Ambulance! Look Gaw-Gaw, a bird! Oh, look, a man! It goes on and on, he shows him everything.

I love how much he loves his soft toys. He spends ages cuddling them, and he makes them talk to each other, sometimes they kiss each other, they say hello, they drink imaginary cups of tea.

I love the way he praises himself, when he thinks he has done the right thing. Good Boy! I hear him exclaim.

I love his latest favourite phrase, Yes I do. So formal. It makes me laugh.
Do you want to watch TV?
Yes I do.

I can't get enough of hearing it.

I love my little boy.

1 comment:

crafty lady said...

and I love him too- loved hearing his sweet little voice singing that little song..beautiful pics of Toby as well - he looks so happy... xxxxxxxxxx