Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nearly Two

Being nearly two, is hard for us both. And sometimes so funny.
We have just spent ages playing with a ball together. I throw it really high, and then dive onto the floor to catch it. Toby thinks this is THE funniest thing he has ever seen, and the sound of his uncontrollable laughter is a delight. And watching him trying to copy me do it, with his uncoordinated limbs is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

So too was watching him with a colander on his head, chanting I am a robot in a special robot voice.
Or when he wears a nappy on his head as a hat...


But its pretty hard when he is throwing things into the toilet, unfolding all the clean towels I have just put away and throwing them around the room, climbing on everything, 'helping' me wash up by throwing water everywhere, and walking the playdough we made this morning from one end of the house to the other....and all whilst screaming Sausage! at me every few minutes.

(I stupidly told him he was having some sausages for dinner, he has never had one before. As sausages are what they have for dinner in his current favourite book, The Tiger Who Came to Tea, he is very excited about the prospect!)

It's been a hard day, maybe tomorrow will be better...



1 comment:

crafty lady said...

Gorgeous pics of little Toby- he must be so much fun and enjoying being nearly 2 years old !! He looks totally adorable!!big kiss from his gra gra xxxxxxxxxxxxx