Friday, October 15, 2010

Singing


I've started work again, and I feel sad leaving Toby. I miss him during the day.
There are also things that I don't miss.
But one new part of our routine that I love, on the days that I work, is travelling in the car together. I made a special CD for our car journeys, with grown up songs that I thought he might like. And he certainly does. I knows the words to so many of the songs, and he sings along from the back seat. He amazed me this morning, as soon as we got in the car he started saying big fat mama to me, in a kind of demanding way. I had no idea what on earth he was talking about. Until The Kinks Sunny Afternoon started playing, and Toby started shouting, oh mummy, yes! and i heard the lines - Save me, save me, save me from this squeeze, I've got a big fat mama trying to break me...he is so clever. And he pays so much more attention to things than I ever imagine he does.

1 comment:

crafty lady said...

How Lovely! Toby looks so grown up in the pic of him playing his guitar!!! and how grown up to like sushi!!!! xxxxxxxxx