Sunday, February 5, 2012

My little man starts Kindergarten


We talked about it for weeks ahead. He got to chose his own bag on the internet, and then open the big box when it arrived.
We had 2 weeks of settling in, where I went with him just for the mornings and got him used to everything.
And last Friday he had his first proper day there. I left him making Spring rolls for Chinese New Year and then picked him up after lunch. I felt guilty the whole time he was there, guilty for having time to myself, guilty for liking the idea....
I phoned part way through the morning to check that everything was going OK, and the teacher said he was absolutely fine, though he had fallen over and grazed his knees. But he had been very brave and not cried.
When I arrived he was happily playing with Lego and didn't even want to go home! He had really enjoyed himself.
As soon as we left Kinder, the crying really started over his knees. It was his first really big fall, he is so cautious usually. I felt guilty that I hadn't been there to give him a cuddle and a kiss. And my guilt got the better of me so I promised him that we would take a tram into the city and go and get a new Lego set because he had been so good.


He managed to limp his way through the city. And he chose a new Lego mechanics set, that comes with an extra bag of bricks to make up your own cars. He loved it, and has pretty much being playing with it non-stop ever since, making up his own crazy cars.

1 comment:

crafty lady said...

What a brave boy! hope that his knees are getting better and glad he is settling down at Kinder. lots of kisses to him xxxxxx