Thursday, June 21, 2012
Good-bye Funch, hello knobbly-nosh
There have been a few phrases that Toby has been using lately, and on first hearing I wonder where on earth he has picked them up from.
If you're not careful I'll...... ( insert some kind of threat here)
Honestly! (used as a term of exasperation)
What the hell?
S**t!
Then there is the tutting. When I first heard it I was horrified, who on earth has he picked that up from? I'm afraid It didn't take long once I'd heard Toby do it to realise who it was with all of these terrible phrases and the awful tutting habit.
Me.
So I both cringed and laughed yesterday morning when Toby came stomping down the stairs shouting and huffing:
"Mummy! I don't want to talk about it! I am absolutely sick of this!"
"What's happened?" I cried, alarmed.
"Look out of the window - There's a great big truck parked across our driveway. I'm just absolutely sick of it!"
Yep. I didn't realise before, but that must be me talking. My little boy inadvertently showing me a mirror.
And then there are words that are all his own.
Funch has been around for a while now. They are pretty much all he will draw. Funchs, on skateboards with helmets on. But the word is having to be replaced by, due to overuse and miss-use from Daddy. Funch is simply no longer cool.
So Toby has had to find a new nonsense word.
Knobbly-nosh.
Apparently it means when something is wrong or silly.
And I think it is just perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Haha...he's too funny! I'm afraid my little girl will also talk like me. Will have to watch my language..haha
Beautiful photo of Toby and very good drawings... I laughed that Toby copies what you say- SO funny xxxxxxx
Post a Comment