Kinder has started back again for the year.
It's Toby's last year before school, and I can't really believe it.
We'll have 2 days together each week, just the two of us, and I want to make the most of them. Because he really is growing up, and before I know it, he won't be doing some of the stuff he does now. Like kissing me a hundred times and squeezing me close, saying I just love you mummy for no reason at all.
And the way when we are out somewhere, and something arises that makes him
unsure, he'll silently reach for my hand, and squeeze it tight. His body
pressed close to me for safety as we walk along.
I love how desperate he is to play pretend games with me. We play all sorts of things. His bed is often turned into cars or campervans, and we go off on adventures, chased by man-eating bats. Or I have an imaginary son (gaw-gaw) and he watches in awe as he spies Toby, who is a world champion skateboarder, or break dancer. Or he is a Jedi teacher giving children instructions on how to use a light saber.
I love the way he still likes to do everything I do. He tried his first cup of tea today ( it's really just milk with a bag dipped in for 5 seconds) adamant that it was to be in the same tea cup I was drinking from. I could see he felt so grown up and proud.
I love the way he asks me, Can babies eat this? Is it only for big boys and grown ups? Yes or no? And I'll answer, Oh yes, it's only for very grown up boys.
And as much as it makes me worry, his reason for crying everyday before kinder is kind of nice too. He'll say, Today is a bad day. I have to go to kinder and you're not there. I just want to be with you, mummy.
And the way he makes me laugh. Oh, how he makes me laugh. Whispering cute and funny things to me, knowing I'll burst out laughing at him. Saying grown up little phrases in his beautiful little boy voice.
That's random.
What brand is this?
I look stunning in this.
Oh! Delicate, delicate! (when we try to cut his nails)
My beautiful, funny, grown up little boy.


1 comment:
Toby is just adorable! Lovely pics of him with a very smart new haircut!! xxxxx
Post a Comment