Thursday, May 30, 2013
Gaw-gaw is NOT a donkey
My little man, he is so sensitive.
We popped into the dry cleaners last week to drop some stuff off. Toby isn't feeling very well, and he wanted to take Gawgely in with him.
The old man inside pretended Toby was bringing Gawgely in to be dry cleaned. He thought Gawgely was a donkey, then a dog and a bear, until I informed him Gawgely was indeed a well loved lion.
As soon as we left the shop Toby's little face crumpled, and silent tears started to pour down his face that soon turned into a flood. He was so upset. Because the man had mistaken Gawgely for a donkey. Toby sobbed, I don't want Gawgely to be ugly. It broke my heart a little bit, that he was so upset that someone had insulted his beloved toy. He is not a donkey. We can't send him to the dry cleaners. I want him to smell the way I like. He cried for a while, until we went to the French patisserie for some pain au chocolate.
And I think it might be the last time Gawgely comes with us to the dry cleaners.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I totally agree with Toby!! Gawgely is not looking too bad (for his age!) lovely black and white pic of Toby xxxxxxx
Post a Comment