
Lying on the couch together this afternoon, feeding Toby his bottle, he started falling asleep. This is a pretty rare event, as he likes to avoid daytime sleeping as much as he can of late. But I lay next to him, we babbled to each other for a while, and Toby was so lovely and snuggly and sleepy, so I took these photos of him.

Then I let him play under the striped knitted blanket, he loves that blanket and always reaches out for it, but I never let him near it. I bought that blanket when I was pregnant with Toby, and there was an old lady next to me who told me I really shouldn't buy it because it would be dangerous for babies. They'd get their fingers stuck in the large holes. And even though at the time I was really annoyed with her, (what is it about being pregnant that means people can say what they like to you?) I still remember her comments, and get scared if Toby goes any where near that blanket. But I let him grab it today, and he had such fun snuggling under it. After I took the photos, I climbed under the blanket next to him and we read books together. I made animal sounds and Toby laughed at me and blew raspberries. Then he fell asleep, it was a blissful afternoon.
1 comment:
aaah little Toby looks really contented. I remember that blanket feeling lovely and soft- lots of love xxxxx
Post a Comment