Monday, September 14, 2009

My Beautiful Baby Boy


It is only when I see Toby with other babies, that I realise how quiet and gentle he is. Very far indeed from the monster that I call him.
We went to his playgroup yesterday, and he clung to me the whole time like a baby koala. Hands firmly around my neck, his legs curled around my waist. And there was no chance of putting him down to play with the others. The lip wobble would start, and he would outright refuse to sit, his body rigid. So I gave up trying. He sat as quiet as a mouse in my lap, eating cream cheese and ham sandwiches (he is also super neat when he eats sandwiches I notice, for a baby), his hands playing with my scarf, looking up at me, smiling and trying to get me laughing.
We went for a coffee afterwards to the cafe next door. There were 3 babies, and only 2 highchairs, so Toby sat next to me on the bench seat. He just sat there, as still and quiet as can be, eating some stewed apple. No bib required. His little hand touching my back the whole time, occasionally he would try and climb onto my lap, but mostly he just sat there, like a little man. He waved and smiled to the lady who owns the cafe, and any other lady he saw. And desperately tried to get the attention of a couple of business men in suits, who were too busy talking to smile back at him. While the other babies banged the table, threw food and screamed, he was just sitting next to me like a little angel. My beautiful baby boy.

2 comments:

crafty lady said...

aaah- I am just longing to meet little Toby xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

crafty lady said...

That is a beautiful picture of Toby- can you send me some via email so i could print them? xxx