
The later part of the afternoon is hard. Toby is often too tired, and cranky. He whines and clings onto my legs as I try and make his dinner and start preparing dinner for Luis and I. And trying to get him to eat after putting so much energy into making his food, can be an impossible feat. The moment he shouts "Bath!" and points at the stairs, its all over. Even if its only 5 minutes after he has sat down to eat. There will be no more eating for him.
But the moment I take him downstairs and start running his bath, his mood lifts. He becomes super excited, squealing and running up and down the hallway. I have to take his clothes off on the run, dodging the toys he is delightedly chucking into the bath. Shouting when it takes me too long to get the water temperature right. Clapping his hands together in excitement. And once in the bath he is just in heaven with all his toys, splashing about, trying to blow bubbles in the water, lying full stretch on his stomach pretending to swim. He'll wash his own face now if I give him a flannel.

And his is just as excited when he gets out. As soon as I put the hood of his towel on his head, he is off, running and shouting and laughing, arms in the air, his towel billowing out behind him like a super heroes cloak. It's such fun to watch!

After he is dressed in pyjamas, he has his milk, cuddles Gaw-Gaw, and me and Luis take it in turns to read his bedtime books. All lying on our bed together. We normally read him about 4 or 5 books. Toby shouts out "Mama!Dada!" as he looks at the pictures, excitedly pointing out his favourite bits to us. Practising his words. We always finish with Puff the Magic Dragon (his favourite book, bought for him by Gra-Gra) and off he goes to sleep clutching Gaw-Gaw, and sucking his thumb.
It is just magical.
1 comment:
beautiful pics of Toby having fun in his bath - he looks so sweetxxxx
Post a Comment