Saturday, March 6, 2010

What a Strange Day

It's the end of summer, its still hot here, and this is our roof terrace this afternoon,


very strange.


We were in the city just strolling around. The sky went dark very quickly, and I was just thinking that it looked like it was night time, and suddenly it started to rain. We quickly ducked for cover and realised that it was not raining, but hailing. And the hail stones were huge!


Toby watched in amazement, but soon got scared when a sudden gust of wind pelleted everyone with the hail stones, people started screaming and running. The hail stopped after about 15 minutes, but the rain that followed was torrential. Bourke St was like a river. All the shops were flooded, water was absolutely pouring in through the roof of the shopping arcade we had taken refuge in, and I started to get scared that the roof would collapse. Then the thunderstorm started. We were trapped in the city for about an hour, until the rain eased enough that we could get to the car. It was unbelievable. I never seen weather like that since I have lived here.

But enough about the weather, this is Toby's blog...


and here he is eating grapes


He's a bit obsessed with them at the moment, every afternoon he demands them, and shoves a handful of them into his mouth at once. We scares me slightly, this afternoon after we got home he started choking on one, he managed to cough it up himself after I lay him over my knees, but I was shaking for a while afterwards. Truely frightening.

2 comments:

crafty lady said...

Unbelievable!! All sounds quite scary! Glad that you are all o.k. and good to see little Toby enjoying his grapes- kisses to all xxxxxxxx

Orville Isreal Lonzo Sharp said...

you take some nice pictures, did you try your son for baby modeling? i bet you house if full of pictures, i wish my daughter would stop being a bad girl and take some pictures, she looks mean in all hers.