Oh, the complicated games we have to play.....
All invented by Toby, of course.
There's the game where he is a barista (coffee maker) in a cafe, and I have to come in as a robber and steal all the coffee and cakes and Toby arrests me and throws me in jail.
And the game where he is a famous motorbike rider who keeps on crashing, and I am the TV commentator.
And the game where he is a contestant on "It's a knockout" and he keeps falling over and losing all his clothes.
And one of his favourites, when he is a stone statue busker, and Gaw-Gaw and I have to drop money in his hat.
He's still fanatical about Michael Jackson, and we spend many an evening re-creating the video for 'Beat It', complete with fight scene. I've noticed that Toby even pretends to smoke a cigarette and then throw it on the floor. That surely isn't a good thing for a three year old to be doing....
Last week we went to a playground we haven't been to before. It's in Albert Park and is all wooden and resembles a huge castle. I took with us his knight's cloak so we could play together. Each time we play knights I give him a different knight's name, Sir StinkySocks or Sir Sleep-a-Not or something silly like that. I started saying to him, "OK Toby, so today you can be Sir..." and I couldn't think of a name, my mind was tired and fuzzy and not a single name could come to me. Then Toby turned to me and said, "Mummy, just call me Lami, I want to be Sir Lami" and then he killed himself laughing at his own joke.
He's just so funny, this delicious, crazy boy of mine.





2 comments:
He's the funniest little thing. I'm sure you both have lots of fun. Can't wait for my little girl to talk!
I found the lovely pics of Toby and the funny stories were hilarious- he is such a little star and he really makes me laugh xxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment