Saturday, May 5, 2012

Clowning around

Toby had his 3 and a half year old check up today with the child health nurse. Just the usual stuff, checking weight, height etc. But my clown of a son had me in absolute stitches. Tears were running down my face. I was literally howling with laughter, made even worse by the fact that I was trying not to laugh for fear that the nurse would think I was an absolute lunatic.
He had to have an eye test. They put glasses on him with one eye covered up. As soon as they were put on his face, he changed, becoming all Charlie Chaplin on me. Making comedy faces, wiggling his eyebrows at me, pursing his lips, and doing his unique silent giggling (looks like giggling, but done silently) It was utterly hilarious. Even the nurse said afterwards that he was such a funny little boy, she was sure he is to become an actor. She was amazed that he could be so funny whilst being so absolutely silent.
He went to kinder afterwards. And when I went to pick him up later this afternoon, his teacher Paula told me that they had a little race with all the children around the garden. And then she said, It was quite strange, but Toby didn't want to run, he kept jumping onto the ground and rolling over and over. And the more the others laughed, the more he did it. I burst out laughing. It's not really strange at all for me, that Toby should be all theatrical and start stunt rolling about the place. It's normal around here. I asked him later why he didn't join in with the running, and he said, I didn't want to win. I just wanted to be silly.

My clown of a son.


Even having his photo taken at the swimming pool, his clown antics were in place. He didn't want to be photographed without goggles or with his own goggles, oh no. He insisted on wearing the photographers adult sized diving goggles. He looked so ridiculous he had me creased up laughing. But he just looked so him.


1 comment:

crafty lady said...

What a charming funny little boy Toby is!!! xxxxxxxxx