Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Giving up on housework

I have been trying to do some housework today. Impossible. That is the only word for it, when you have an energetic one year old trying to get into as much mischief as possible. Climbing onto the coffee table (now he has learnt how to do it, there's no stopping him..) and attempting to throw himself off head first like a lemming. Opening the shower door, then slamming it shut because he likes the noise it makes. Opening the shower door and then climbing in, so he can be like Daddy. (He loves to watch Luis shower in the mornings) Opening all of my shoe boxes and distributing the contents all over the place...the faster I tidied up, the faster Toby seemed to work at destroying things. Furious, after his fifth attempt at climbing into the shower, I put him in his cot. Then his screaming began. I stormed back into his room, ready to tell him off, and was greeted by this.....


standing up in his cot, silenced by my entry into the room, how could I be angry with him?

And as he gave me his desperate, I really just want to be picked up and hugged look, how could I not?


So I've given up housework for the day, and given in to playing with Toby.

1 comment:

crafty lady said...

Toby looks so cute and has such a lovely little face even if he is up to all sorts of mischief- he is only discovering things!!! xxxx