Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New things

Toby seems to be changing so fast these days. Everyday he seems to do something new.
Today, there were a few new things. First of all, I realised he now understands the word "smell". He was looking at the sugar animals that had been on top of his cake, totally fascinated by them. I told him he should smell them because they smelt so delicious and sweet, and just like that he lifted one them up towards his nose. Shocked, I repeated the command, and again he lifted it to his nose for a smell. I have kept on asking all afternoon with different objects, just in case it was a fluke, but every time, he does the same thing. Its not like I use the word that much. Whenever we are out at the market, I get him to smell the different fruits, and once in a shop that sold French soaps I kept trying to get him to smell them just to see his reaction. Its funny the words that they pick up.
(Talking with Bluey the dog, he just loves that toy!)

The other new thing is he has learnt today, is to climb onto the coffee table. And once he did it, he can't seem to stop. I think its going to drive me crazy! We were trying to eat our dinner, and there is Toby sitting in the middle of the table, trying to grab at everything. It's so much quicker for him climbing onto the table than having to walk all the way around it, with his stiff little legs.(Getting up to no good, on his way to play with daddy's precious stereo...)

He has also started to walk whilst holding onto his little wooden brick trolley. He walked quite a way yesterday, his legs rigid, like wooden posts. He still doesn't seem to realise he has knees, all his movement comes from his hips as he staggers along. He looks so delicious though, a big smile beaming on his face, so proud of himself.

(Opening gifts from Egypt - he was particularly fascinated with that bag!)

Toby's birthday festivites are continuing. The balloons ar e still up in the living room, Toby just loves looking at them, and playing with them. And a parcel arrived a few days ago now, from our friends in Egypt, which Toby loved opening. And inside, were some gorgeous clothes.

(At the Chilean festival)

And at the weekend, we also went along to the Chilean festival. Toby was a bit frightened at first because of all the loud music, but he eventually seemed to get into the swing of things. Me and Luis ate far too much food, and so did Toby (but just baby food...oh and bread, and more bread, I think he could eat bread all day long)

(A face full of bread...)

1 comment:

crafty lady said...

lovely pics of you all - Toby looks such a happy little boy xxxx