Sunday, May 13, 2012

The balloon man

We had to get Toby some new shoes at the weekend. The shoe shop had a man making animals out of balloons for all the children. And not just any old shapes, I think it might just be the best balloon animal I have ever seen.
A couple of weeks ago we went to a 3rd birthday party. There was a cowboy making balloon animals  for all the children. Toby asked for a monkey and I could see whilst he was pretty impressed that it was fashioned into some kind of shape, he knew it looked nothing like a monkey, and he wasn't quite happy about it.  He took it back to the cowboy about half an hour later and with a serious little face on, he complained that it didn't really look like a monkey. (Oh the innocent honesty of children).

Well yesterday, he asked the balloon man in the pink suit inside the shoe shop for a monkey. And a monkey he made. In a palm tree. And all of us were amazed.



1 comment:

crafty lady said...

fab monkey!! and great pic of Toby wearing monkey!! xxxxxxx